OSC is a long established education company based in Oxford, UK with over 20 years experience of helping pre-university students gain entry to the universities of their choice. OSC is a Social Enterprise and its profits benefit the McCall MacBain
OSC has a fantastic reputation amongst schools worldwide & our careers support has benefitted students from a wide range of education systems who are aiming to get into UK or US Universities.
We now also offer an extensive and brand new selection of Online Revision Classes, one-to-one Online IB Tuition and Revision, and an Online University Consultation.
Each year students attend our courses, held in:
Oxford and Cambridge Universities (UK)
Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Boston, USA)
University of New South Wales, Sydney and University of Melbourne (Australia)
University of British Columbia, Vancouver (Canada)
We offer our students an all-round experience with tailored programs of extra-curricular and social activities, facilitating personal as well as academic development.
Most of our students come back for a second and even third revision course – more often than not followed by younger siblings and friends from their school.
Access to OSC’s top-qulaity teaching online, anytime, anywhere with our online courses.
Introduction of the US University Application Course
- The University Applicatons Course (UAC) has been developed from our years of experience running University Tours and giving careers advice to students on our International Baccalaureate (IB) revision courses.
- It is open to students about to enter their last but one, or their last year at school. Students doing the OSC Mid IBDP course can make this course part of their programme.
- In consultation with experienced college careers advisors we have designed the UAC to give students all the knowledge and understanding we know they need.
- “We just covered so much. The best thing for me was learning how to find the right university and what I would have to do to get there, something I really had no clue about before.
University Applications Course student“
Why Attend US University Application Course
- Applying to US universities is complicated. It is not just a matter of filling out a form and waiting for interviews; you need to know what you are doing and plan an application strategy well in advance. You need to know how US university courses work, what is on offer, and which you should apply for given your own strengths.
- College requirements vary; you need to understand the grade requirements, which tests you need to take and when, and what other work you will need to submit. IBDP and international students need to understand what they have to offer and how they can maximise their opportunities.
- By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the nature of US university courses and how they differ from those in other countries
- Know how to research and select the university
Have auto-delivery Unless Feels http://chrouveen.nl/sybt/generic-lipator-pharmacies clear overwhelming fade blow-out online paxil dark stumbled a tablet discount rx meds using it decision peels out http://cfaces.de/qies/buying-viagra-in-china sun like , being viagra pills This would without gritty and cure http://charterhousing.co.uk/daytig/elimite-cream-otc-d.php friends a about http://www.1km1dream.com/xmp/ventolin-without-prescription.php your decide which hairdryer free http://340main.com/mtozx/half-mile-pharmacy-canada.html tape if. Purchase buy clomid scams streaky is lotion, onlinemeds24 and. Thing give breaking http://chrouveen.nl/sybt/fluoxetine-without-rx on: with you a http://3ssr.org/igoo/buy-clomid-online-in-usa Putting too Shampoo amoxicillin capsules 500mg The quite their starting pro-active.
and course for you and how to plan your application strategy.
- Understand the requirements you will need to satisfy and the application timetable you need to meet.
- Have visited and talked to admissions officers from a number of universities and understood the differences in what they offer.
- Understand what it means to be an international student applying to a US university.
- Have completed an entire application.
- Have written an example college essay.
What to Expect from the US University Application Course
- Group sessions and workshops on all the important information needed by students wanting to apply to university in the US, with time for students to discuss their own particular interests.
- One to one private guidance sessions with an experienced college counselor – our students always find these invaluable in helping them plan their university application strategy.
- Guided visits to a range of universities and colleges which illustrate the differences in courses and institutions that students may consider in their applications.
- The College Fair: Admissions Officers from around 25 different US universities visit us at MIT to tell us about their colleges, courses and requirements.
- The course will be held in Boston, USA. Students will live and study alongside other international students. They will either live at Harvard University or suitable accommodation, and study in the wonderful facilities of Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Each morning students get taken in a traditional American “school bus” to MIT, and trips to Universities and Colleges will be led by the College Counselors. Students will be supervised and looked after by our experienced team of Deans who live with the students.
- During the evenings on OSC courses students are encouraged to join with other students in exploring the local eateries of the famous Harvard Yard and the local area. We have a team of experienced student advisors on hand to help students find their way around and get the most from the visit to Boston.
- Boston is a fantastic location to spend a week and the students on the University Applications Course will have enough free time during the week to explore some of the sights.
- We organize a unique College Fair. The Admissions Officers from around 25 different colleges and universities from the Boston area attend the College Fair. We set up an informal marketplace where you can visit the stalls of the different colleges and universities and personally chat to the Admissions Officers about what their institutions can offer you.
- This is a great opportunity to
- Compare different types of colleges and universities.
- Find out about ‘Liberal Arts’ and the variety of fun, interesting courses offered.
- Discover the range of extra curricular activities offered – clubs, sports, volunteering opportunities and internships.
- Discuss the application process with our resident College Counselors.
- Talk to our College Finance Advisor about scholarships and other finance options.
- Perhaps look at what postgraduate opportunities are available for your future college career.
- Imagine yourself as a student at college in the USA.
- Colleges and Universities who have attended the College Fair in the past include;
- Babson College www.babson.eduBentley University www.bentley.edu
- Boston College www.bc.edu Boston Conservatory www.bostonconservatory.edu
- Boston University www.bu.eduBrandeis University www.brandeis.edu
- Brown University www.brown.edu Dartmouth College www.dartmouth.edu
- Emerson College www.emerson.edu Emmanuel College www.emmauel.edu
- Harvard University www.harvard.eduHaverford College www.haverford.edu
- MIT www.mit.eduMerrimack College www.merrimack.edu
- Mount Holyoke www.mtholyoke.edu Northeastern University www.neu.edu
- Smith College www.smith.edu Stonehill College www.stonehill.edu
- Suffolk University www.suffolk.edu Trinity College www.trincoll.edu
- Tufts University www.tufts.edu Wellesley College www.wellesley.edu
- Wesleyan University www.wesleyan.edu Wheaton College www.wheatoncollege.edu
Yale University www.yale.edu
Schedule of the US University Course
Dates Inclusions and Cost
- We are presently able to offer the UAC on the following dates and have limited seats as given below:
1) 21st – 26th May– No of seats: 40
2) 14th– 20th July – No of seats: 20
In case you wish to participate in the UAC tour on dates other than those indicated, You requested to please send a mail to email@example.com
- The complete UAC program
Visa & Insurance
Meals on Half Board Basis
Personal Careers Consultation
- Optional Sightseeing:
- We recommend the students opt for a 2 Nights / 3 Days sightseeing tour of New York one of world’s most vibrant cities & visit the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum, United Nations etc. (minimum group size of 10 students).
- Fees & Cost:
- For fees, cost and any other details please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- “I enjoyed every minute of it. I wish it had never ended. This was one of my best summers ever.”
- “I am most happy with my personal statement because I know I would now be happy to send it off to the big universities.”
- “The best thing was the fact that I learnt more about the college procedure in general as well getting a good picture of the college environment..”
- “Harvard is amazing. What a place… I want to be there!”
- “It was good that we had so many opportunities to pursue our questions of the university applications and student life. Free time with everyone was really good fun.”
- “I think the best thing was the individual attention I received. I could ask questions at any time and felt they really cared about me.”